The National League of Cities (NLC) launched this website as part of a new project to help local elected officials reduce childhood obesity. Through this project, NLC is leading efforts to support local officials who sign up to participate in Let’s Move! Cities, Towns and Counties (LMCTC), a key component of First Lady Michelle Obama’s comprehensive Let’s Move! initiative. With funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, NLC’s Institute for Youth, Education, and Families will provide local elected officials with tools and technical assistance as they seek to improve health outcomes for children and youth.
National League of Cities
1301 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20006
Information We Collect About You and How We Use It
In order to provide a full range of Services in support of the mission of the project, we may collect the following types of information about you:
- Information you provide – When you sign up to commit to the goals of the initiative and complete a survey, we ask for personal information (such as your name, e-mail address, etc.). We may combine the information you provide to us with information that we obtain about you through other services or third parties; we do this to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of the project and the Services. For certain of the Services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information about you.
- Log information – When you visit this website offered as part of the Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to improve the quality of the project and the Services.
- User communications – When you send e-mail or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve the project and the Services.
- Links – The Services may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of the Services.
- Providing our Services, including the sharing of information among the local elected officials, their staff, and their designees who have signed up and displaying customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve the Network and the Services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of the project;
- Protecting the rights or property of the project or our users; and
- Developing new Services.
You can find more information about how we process personal information by referring to the supplementary privacy notices that may be issued for particular Services.
Consistent with the mission of the project, we will share your personal information with the the local elected officials, their staff, and their designees who have signed up and with other parties and individuals in the following circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of personal information. In this regard, through your use of the Services and your acceptance of their respective Terms of Service, you have agreed that your information may be shared with others within the project and with other organizations that are committed to the mission of the project and that agree to abide as well by the applicable Terms of Service.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the project, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We also may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us as noted above for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use the Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and for you to be able either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data. Some of our Services may have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. We will provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for those Services. If you choose to delete personal information, we may not be able to provide the Services to you.